Monday, August 24, 2009

A Time Out For Family

I didn't start this blog with the intention of using it as forum for my personal life and I still don't intend to. My goal will always be to provide a humorous take on something from the lighter side of the news. Today, however, I really feel the need to post on a couple of things much more close to home.

First of all, I want to wish my father, Richard Johnson, a Happy 59th Birthday. I love you Dad and will see you soon.

Second, on a tragic note, I want to acknowledge my Uncle Les and Aunt Judy. Les and Judy had to say goodbye yesterday to their son, Shannon. Shannon was only 38 years old and had been afflicted with a condition which had been slowly attacking him for as long as I can remember. I know my aunt and uncle along with their other son, Travis are dealing with the sadness of their loss. Since I couldn't be there, I had to take advantage of the opportunity to pass on my love and sympathy to them. We all have to take comfort in the fact that Shannon's suffering is finally over and he will never have to experience anything bad ever again. Goodbye, Shannon.


No comments:

Post a Comment