Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March Sadness


The 2009-2010 College Basketball season is now over. The part that matters is over anyway (The women's title game will be played tonight). I have to say that I am truly disappointed... no, check that... utterly disgusted with how things played out.

I will concede that Duke and Butler gave us one of the best title games in recent memory. That, however, is just a silver lining to one giant ass gray cloud. 

First of all, there is my beloved Jayhawks. The fact that they got bounced from the tournament in the second round by that collection of goofy looking bastards from Northern Iowa still makes me want to curl up in the fetal position, sucking on a bottle of cheap whiskey, until the hurtin' goes away. I mean seriously, did you see those guys? Some of their parents had to be brother and sister, or at least cousins (See the photo from their media guide). And as for Ali Farokhamesh, the little twerp who hit the three pointer to clinch game, I hope he gets malaria. Relax, this isn't 19th century India; malaria is curable.

Second, there are the brackets. Not that I participated in any illegal gambling via an office pool or anything like that; but if I would have, my bracket would've been completely annihilated by the sweet sixteen. This is the first year, that I failed to correctly predict one single final four team. At least I have plenty of company here in bracket hell - everyone got hosed.

Finally, we arrive at the de facto national champion, Duke. Let's face it, they are not the best team in the country, and Butler isn't the second best team, but someone had to make it to the title game and actually win. It's not that I mean the Blue Devils any disrespect. They did everything that they were supposed to do. It's just that, well, I hate them. I hate the Duke Blue Devils oh so very, very much. I hate the "Cameron Crazies", I hate that Coach K's boys seem to get every questionable call or he throws a hissy fit, and I hate the media's bias towards them. I think Dick Vitale would do anything that Mike Kryzewski asked him to, and I mean anything. And yes, I hate the fact that Duke has beat KU in two Final Fours during my lifetime.

So I got all that off my chest, and I have to say I feel a little bit better. And hey, there's always next year. That is unless, this abomination of a tournament was a sign of The Apocalypse. I better go read The Book of Revealtion just to make sure.

9 comments:

  1. Aldrich is totally leaving, wonder if Henry is sticking around? Any word on that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two posts in two days!
    The Amazing Johnsonno is back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really??? Get a life! HA HA HA!!!
    Aren't you proud that I didn't say anything about your chicken hawks, and that the kitty cats in Manhattan went farther than them! OR... what about Baylor??? WOW!!! Ooops...I just said it! ;)
    And before you get mad and start rippin on my cowboys...it only works if you are supporting the team. As you know, I have been boycotting the boys of cow since the whole Sutton thing went down. (But due to recent drug issues... perhaps I should stop beating that horse)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MMM
    Apparently fandom now means "supporting" the team until something you don't like happens. That is what I call die-hard. It's easy for people with no convictions of their own to make fun of other's convictions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy... I bleed Orange and Black... and that goes for the WHOLE university. I am boycotting because I do not support how the Athletic department handled the situation. I think that IS die hard. I happen to be in a majority that is very upset with the WHOLE athletic department, from T. Boone getting to run the university because of his deep pockets, to the outrageous decisions being made on ticket prices and coaches. Firing Sutton was just the straw. I guess I should have made that clear, sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MMM
    That's all well and good but it's not the kids making those decisions. Who are you hurting when you don't cheer? T-Bone or the kids on the team. You can support the team without supporting the AD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this Johnson fella hates women , old people , and dogs. Whats he got against women sports anyway, he probably thinks women shouldn't be able to look you in the eye either , Barefoot and with child in the kitchen is his Motto/Creed or Creedo . This line of thinking has held women back for Centuries.WTF
    Signed
    The Cleveland Steamer
    C/O
    Dirty Sanchez

    ReplyDelete
  8. earn money from home
    www.chrisisajackass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya well the kids are pissed off too.

    ReplyDelete