Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nobody Ever Wins A Fight

With yesterday's news that Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 57, I felt compelled to get on here and talk about one of the coolest movies of the 1980s, if not all time. That movie movie of course is Dirty Dancing. Just kidding! Although, to this day, nobody puts Baby in a corner. The movie I'm talking about is Roadhouse.

Roadhouse gave us so much. It taught us all to appreciate the bouncers at our favorite watering holes, it showed us that you can actually (with the proper training) rip a man's larynx right out of his throat. But most importantly, it gave us the wisdom of Daulton (Swayze's character). Who could forget those classic lines? In case anyone has, I have listed some of the best.

  • You're too stupid to have a good time 
  • Nobody ever wins a fight
  • Pain don't hurt
  • Be nice, until it's time to not be nice
  • It'll get worse before it gets better
  • It's my way, or the highway
The last two were hardly original, but nobody ever said either line better than Daulton. I'm probably leaving some out, so feel free to let me know.

So long Patrick. Thanks for everything you gave us.

10 comments:

  1. Pain don't hurt... that's my favorite! Loved Patrick, and his moves. He will be missed. And although you did not mention it, Ghost was one of his best movies. Today on The View they reminded me of one of the best lines ever... "It's amazing Molly, you take the love with you". RIP brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if he calls my Momma a WHORE ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmett: It ain't the money ya understand, but if I don't charge ya somethin' the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How does a hundred dollars a month strike ya?

    Dalton: Fine.

    Emmett: Can ya afford that much?

    Dalton: If it keeps you in the good graces of the church.

    Emmett: Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing?

    Go here for Roadhouse quotes:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's don't forget Point Break. One of the greatest movies EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Point Break was awesome. It had Swayze, Keanu Reeves, and of course, GARY BUSEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Point Break!!! And I forgot that he was in Too Wan Foo, as a cross dresser! I will have to re-rent that one... I don't remember it. Saw it last night on Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss Patrick. I loved him, BUT, I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the best one to me was the one about how money keeps you in the good graces of the church. never a truer statement made!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. late but...
    nobody puts swayze in a coffin.

    ReplyDelete